Matrix Partners India is an investment firm with USD 600M under management. The firm invests in companies targeting the Indian consumer market at the seed, early and early growth stages. The firm has invested in several market leading companies in the consumer technology space including Quikr (online local classifieds marketplace), Ola (local transportation marketplace), Stayzilla (online short stays marketplace), LimeRoad (mobile social commerce marketplace), Dailyhunt (mobile local language platform), MSwipe (mobile POS let merchant financial services platform), Practo (healthcare app), Woo (social dating)among others. Matrix Partners has a global network of funds investing in the US, China and India with US $3 billion under management. Further information is available at www.matrixpartners.in
- Assessing potential investment opportunity.
- Understanding industry trends.
- Ability to predict future changes in the Industry.
- Ability to conduct sound due-diligence and create the true scenarios for the investment opportunities.
- Valuation of the company with respect to expected future growth.
- Support for Portfolio companies
- Strategic Inputs - To work closely with the portfolio companies to guide their business strategy.
- Monitor the progress of the companies in the portfolio
- Work closely with Investment Banker at the time of IPOs / Exits
- Help in Business Development and top talent recruitment
- Advise on making acquisitions
- Support entry of global portfolio companies into India
- Exit Strategy
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Post graduate candidates from premier B schools (Indian and Foreign Schools).
- Strong research capabilities.
- Hands on experience in financial modelling, ratios, deal evaluation (Execution).
- Should have the ability and networks to source and evaluate investment opportunities.
- High Analytical Capability, Strong financial skills, Should have the maturity to handle investment discussions with entrepreneurs and performance monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Good communication and Inter-Personal skills. Should be able to articulate his thoughts and communicate effectively with internal team members and the Promoters/Senior Professionals at the portfolio companies.
- Team player with ability to work effectively in small groups
- Understanding of cultural differences and possesses proven cross-cultural skills.